1.29.2009

ART341.Logo & Typestudy


These are the typestudy and thumbnails for Delhi, India for the 2016 Summer Olympics.

6 comments:

  1. The symbols for the logo are interesting. The idea of using buildings to represent the city is a good element. But try to keep it simple but easy to understand. The flower idea is interesting but i would of like to see more so compare it with the other idea. But the looks of the flower design is Interesting. The right side fourth row is good feel for delhi. It might work well with the architecture symbol or the flower idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the lotus temple. I think the text needs to be more emphasized though. That may be as simple as just enlarging it. You may have to write Delhi 2016 and then put the rings below it because the text may get too vertical. One more thing, bank gothic may not be the best typeface choice. :]

    -Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that the Lotus Temple is your best comp. I think that the typeface in the third column, five down would work well with either the Lotus Temple or India Gate logos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the flag ones on the top right. I also noticed that the symbol looks like a peacock's feathers and lotus petals too. But if its just the flag symbol, I really like the full circle one. For type, I choose the forth one down on the right. I'm not sure if the stroke it has is working because it is such a condensed type already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the half lotus temple because it's abstracted a little which makes it interesting to look at. I don't know if I would break up the city name like that though.

    The logo below that one is nice too because of its simplicity and abstraction, but I'm not sure what it is. So that would need to be more defined.

    The other logo I like is the lotus flower, because the shapes are simple and you could probably make each leaf an olympic ring color.

    As for your type exploration, I think the first column bottom typeface is the better one of the condensed type because it's easier to read than the other condensed type. I do like the cultural looking type that's second to last, it's different and has a vibe to it.

    -Paul

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the last one on the left with the stylized dome. Go with simple. I would choose an all caps font, but not condensed.

    ReplyDelete