3.03.2009

341. software thumbnails


Rosetta Stone is a language learning software. So far it has three versions. So I will be doing Version No.4!


12 comments:

  1. I think illustrated pop culture might be fun depending on the style of illustration. It'll stand out because I don't think I've ever seen language software with illustration on the cover.

    The top left idea with a cropped cultural icon is a pretty safe way to go as well but still visually interesting because it's not a centered full shot of the Eiffel tower.

    -Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say no.2 because it has most clean look but you might want to try more variation since it's not really special design. Eiffel tower is too obvious so you might want to do something different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sketch on the bottom row, second column has the best overall hierarchy and people usually associate landmarks to a language's origin. If the landmark was illustrated it would help separate your packaging from the over abundance of photograph driven software on the shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the middle top one. It's not too busy. It's easy to read. I like the idea of having smaller outdoor images. I think it defines it better to see which country it belongs to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. bottom left. I think that one can be a fun design and give Rosetta Stone a fun look, instead of the super super clean mainstream look. Theres a lot of angles in the design like in the title. It would actually be a cool idea to hand draw the whole design. For the bottom of the design, instead of having cropped off images, what if it was a mini 3d hand drawn map of France.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My comment disappeared! So I hope this doesn't post twice. I'm doing the same software and we both did a city in india last time, weird. I think the ones that work best are the ones that deal with the culture of France, the ones on the bottom row.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I would go with the second idea. It has nice balance and good use of the space. Make sure to use good colors or it might get a little boring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the last one. It would be cute seeing a little illustration saying "bonjour." I can see it being very sketchy and animated. Another one I like is the top-middle. Its cool how you will add outdoor images to the little squares. I can see this one as a series more; however the illustrated person is still my favorite.

    Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like one in middle on top row. It's less complex and outdoor pictures are good idea so may use France cultures or something.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the last one seems interesting. The type in the middle seems to be floating though. Try and connect it more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i like 2 the best. i think when someone wants to learn french that means they appreciate the culture and love it so i think having pictures is a perfect idea

    ReplyDelete
  12. Last one from the second row is interesting. If all the images are illustrated it could work really well. This idea could work best because when learning a new language, the viewer should feel comfortable and at ease and that it's not going to be as complex. This is what this sketch does. The only concern at the moment could be the placing of the type. Rosetta Stone should be larger and version 4.0 should be closer to it. Also the illustrations could be sized up a bit as well.

    Sarom R.

    ReplyDelete