
I'll probably just stick with an illustrated version of major landmarks for France (Eiffel Tower), Japan (Mt. Fuji), and Russia (St. Basil's Cathedral). I thought about the pop culture thumbnail that I did... I think that it's too stereotypical, so people might take offense. -_-
nice graphics for the structure thing. ooo, its the eiffel tower. hmm...i thin you need to make that more apparent. the typography for the logo is not working. there a couple kerning problems and the stone icon is interesting, but i think it needs to be more smooth. it has kind of an awkward positioning. i do look like the green and yellow bars, but i think its needs to stand out more, or at least have some dynamically outlook to it.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Alan, the type stone is too spread apart and the image is interesting but needs to stand out more in a way where the audience can really tell its the eiffel tower because I originally thought it was something else, nice direction though.
ReplyDeleteI think a simple, more apparent image of the monuments and maybe even do it as a water mark or in a light color. The type needs some work. Maybe try mixing sans serif and serif. I'm not sure I like the stacked look for this. Try it on one line. Maybe "Rosetta" is bold and "Stone" is regular or italics. Its getting there but its not quite all together yet.
ReplyDeleteGood Job and good luck.
Kim Jensen
Nice modular design, I can easily see how this would translate into the other versions. Like you said, an illustrated version of the landmarks would look best. Try using all caps for "Stone" to help out the wide tracking or have it flush right, aligned with Rosetta.
ReplyDeleteI like the idea of the landmarks, I'd definitely make them more apparent and illustrated instead of just high contrast (I assume that was just for the rough). So far it looks nice, very modern. I know rosetta stone is always yellow, I think if you were actually designing for them they would probably want the box to be their signature yellow so they don't lose their branding.
ReplyDeleteThe design is a nice start but looks a little too static. I wish there was more of a sense of movement or direction. Maybe some more pictures or graphic elements.
ReplyDeleteI like the idea of changing the image to the country, however I had no clue that it was the eiffel tower. I would also change the "Rosetta Stone" font and logo a little bit. But I think that once that's tweaked a little bit the idea is great.
ReplyDeleteI like the idea that you are going for, but I get lost trying to find one point to stop at. Maybe you can enlarge the Rosetta stone - so that people know that is what they are supposed to look at first.
ReplyDeleteI think you can play more with color with the bar by setting the tone of the language by the color of the flags in the bars... The written stone icon is good It just need to be refined a little and maybe next to the type... the type is clean so it's nice because of the software it sells, maybe you can have the language closer to the bars so it doesn't feel like it was just place right there, or not maybe leave it there i kind of like it there I don't know... try it. NIce job tho!!! like your ideas!!!
ReplyDeletei like your idea for each language but im not sure if the imagery for france is working just yet..i think it need some work as well as the type...maybe you can try different color background..white is just a little boring for this design..maybe you can make Rosetta Stone larger as well..
ReplyDeletepoor image quality.
ReplyDeletei do like the layout and use of space, but unfortunately you have cropped the image of the most recognizable structure to no a non recognizable form. rethink this.... type needs work. its not sophisticated enough yet and that stone illus at the top needs dimension
It's a unique concept, but I'm not really getting a language-teaching-software vibe from it? Maybe using a different font and making it bigger for the name of the program would help out, too.
ReplyDeleteI dont think that you are using the right size for the box. I think it may be a little too wide? I like the simplicity of it but it may be a little too simple. You need to work on the image, kuz I had no idea that was the Eiffel Tower. I thought i was some kind of construction going on somewhere but I wold never guess France.
ReplyDelete