4.28.2009

446.Limited/Special/Collector's Edition Packaging






I decided to do a collector's ed. for THE LEGEND OF ZELDA. The titles that are included are THE OCARINA OF TIME and MAJORA'S MASK. The third CD will be the OST (original soundtrack) for both of the games.

SHAPE: GOLD TRIFORCE
CD: IMAGE OF LINK WITH OCARINA;MAJORA'S MASK
OST: THIS WILL HAVE BOTH IMAGES
INSIDE: GREEN FELT
DIECUT: THE NEGATIVE SPACE OF THE TRIFORCE - WILL BE COVERED BY ACETATE OR SOME OTHER SEE-THROUGH MATERIAL; THE INSIDE WILL NOT HAVE THIS - FULL COVERAGE OF FELT
FONT/IMAGERY: USING ORIGINAL TYPE/IMAGERY BUT MIGHT USE OWN ILLUST'D ART
HOW IT'LL OPEN: STILL WORKING ON THAT (MOSTLY) BUT IDEAS ARE... BOX-LIKE (where you just lift the cover and there are the CDs); SWIVEL (swivel out another triforce from the cover and there're the CDs); SWIVEL TOP (only the top cover swivels to reveal the CDs); SLIP-CASE (just pull the insides out - reveal)...........I JUST DUNNO!

5 comments:

  1. Look at those skilled drawings of link! I love the triangular design, can't wait to see the progress on it. It seems like the package would do best with vibrant colors and vector supporting art. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shape of the package. It looks like it has been very well thought out. Great job. =)

    Sarom

    ReplyDelete
  3. the idea and shape of the box is really cool. I would like to see how they would be put together, the individual triangles are a good idea for each of the dvds or game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great concept! Fans of the game will really appreciate all the referential intricacies that you include into the design. I know this is just a sketch, but the final package will need to have many more flaps for the individual triangle closures. Check out the dieline of a pizza box. I think you will need to use a similar structure in which the top cover is slightly inset in order to close into the bottom frame.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe you could just use your sketches as the final art, just make them look like golden ink.

    -Paul

    ReplyDelete